[jaws-uk] Re: Building Websites

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:59:06 -0000

Hi all

I work for a company called Sitesell as a tech support bod.

they have a web business building product called Site Build It! or SBI!.

It works very well indeed with jaws 5 and later.

It's all browser based and pretty intuitive.

It's primarily for those who want to build a business site, either to promote their offline ventures or to start from scratch online.

Over 30% of SBI! sites appear in the top 1% of the most visited sites on the net, and over 50% appear in the top 3%

the main problem with the build an HTML site and stick it on a web server is, now it's there, who's going to visit it.

There is no such thing as passerby traffic online.

If you don't have your site appear on the first couple of results pages in Google or yahoo etc, your site may as well not exist.

And it's about the price of a mars bar a day.

I'm not trying any hard sell here, if I were I'd put an affiliate link and get a commission.

but my own www.bigmixentertainment.co.uk site now generate 99% of my business. I no longer use Yellow Pages and most of my 2,000 visitors a month come from search engines.

So, if anyone here runs a business and wants an all in one business building and promoting solution, feel free to write to me off list and I'll give you all the relevant information.

Sorry for waffling, I just get carried away.

Darren
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>