[jaws-uk] Re: Braille displays advice please?

  • From: "David W Wood \(G3YXX\)" <david.g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:05:56 +0100

Rex

I use an Alva BC640 with Feature Pack.
It either charges from the mains supply, or from the USB port.
Apart from being a Braille output device for a PC through the USB port, it can
be linked by Bluetooth to a PC using a dongle, it can also be used through
Bluetooth to an iPhone in which mode it can, to a limited extent, be used as a
controller for the iPhone (but not for inputting Braille).
The Braille input facility is on the Feature Pack, and in this configuration it
can also be used as a speech synthesizer and independent note taker also.

The service from Optelek is absolutely superb.

Prior to making my choice, I contacted Humanware and was disappointed that they
replied to my telephone message over a week later.

David W Wood

Ham call - G3YXX
FOC # - 1685
Licensed - 1969