[jaws-uk] Blogging with Wordpress and JAWS

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:42:46 +0100

Hi All,

I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world of blogging.  The
Blogging site, which is provided on the corporate intranet of my employer, is
implemented using WordPress.  I've had a bit of a look on the web, and in the
support information for the software, and I have a feeling that Wordpress in
its original form was designed for single user management of a website, and
that the version we're using is called WordPress MU (MU standing for
Multi-User).

While this software appears to produce very accessible sites in terms of users
wishing to read the blogs, the actual page on which you create the blog appears
to me to be completely baffling.  To begin with, it has a Visual, as well as a
Non-visual mode, but in either case I can't find the edit field in which you're
supposed to enter the text of your blog.  I'm also confused by the use of
categories and tags, and I even noticed a reference to "Slugs" at which point I
gave up, considering a long lie down in a quiet room.

Can anyone help me out?  I'm using JAWS 10, and IE 6.

Regards and thanks for any help,

Tim Pennick