[jaws-uk] Re: BT Broadband Problems

  • From: "Bruce Johnston" <bruce.johnston1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:55:14 -0000

Hi Barbara, If you have not done so already, you may find it helpful to
contact Belkin Technical Support, quoting the model number of your router. I
have used BT Broadband with a Belkin router (54G) for the past two years.
Initially I experienced connection problems andI was advised by Belkin
Technical Support to do the following:
> > >  1. Log on to the router web interface at
http://192.168.2.1

2. By default, the password is blank
> > >  3. Click on connection type, under Internet WAN.
> > >  4. Select PPPoA and click on Next.
> > >  5. Change the idle time to '0' mins from '5' mins.
> > >  6. Click on Apply changes.

This solved my problem with the router. I hope this may be of some help.
Regards Bruce--- Original Message -----