[jaws-uk] Andrew re my vanishing Emails

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:47:24 -0000

Thank you for replying . I am sure you are right but before this
business of showing up came on and lasted for about three-month and Had
to c.c copy to self to know if goneornot... The Scanner is an Epson
Pe rfection 1632 no I donothave a document feeder. It started last Autumn to
make a sort of whine and then an alarming rattle like machine gun fire. It
was so scary I reached for the off button at once you couldn't ignore
that rattle very loud I wondered if it was caused by staples in
mail but it had not had any problem before with pins or clips. I took it
to the Epson outfit nearest tome Crowbourhg and they said they dry out.
and did the same thing that I had donein the Sp;ring cleaned and
greased the roller. The light becomes ber by bright at times and rolls
down to the front and seems to stick if you can see it it so bright
under the edge of the lid.. The room is warm but not next to central
heating in fact in a North facing room as I need dark conditions due
to the black screen I use. I think dust is known to be damaging to
Electronics but this is a normal house although I doohave wool carpets
well mostly wool as if you fall it helps not to fallen a wooden surface
alike a class room floor I know wood is the fashion but safety first..
Re the laptop well that isin another room I am learning that i spite of
three sighted people knowing it and one even buying it they knew nothing
about the key with FN on it!! I thought it was Control and pressed it and
Escape and that it seems mutes the whole system. the wireless router isn't
the problem but I have asked a sighted friend to please pleases read the
Manual on tape for me until that happens I am not going to fiddle with 1
well l then ten it says it seems not have any kind of external volume
control only the keyboard. Had I known I wouldn't have got anymodel that
did not have an external volume control. After all is the sound is muted
and Jaws cannot utter I amnot skilful anou. sorryabout
tit. It is as Toshiba L I must apologize for this awful typing. Re
Jaws and the basic problem I dohope the man making a fix re the
external modification idea will hurry up this i s killingme.. If fyou
cannot understand any of this it is understandable and I am nsso sorry..
Dorothy