[jaws-uk] Andrew correction

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:30:11 -0000

The Scanner is an Epsom 1650 Perfection and this month it willbe three years old. I donot print photos it has Photo this and that I do sometimes photocopy things I imagine we cannot advertise but the Epsom Printer was a nightmare and I stillhaveit but substituted it with an Ink jet Laser a HP Packard. i fourse you cannot print colour but it is not any problem. Re the scanner it was the one that was advised at the time.. I have stopped doing something that may have been a strain on it and that is the Optimise feature of my OCR and the repeat scan. If the document is very difficult the repeat scan may scan up to fifteen times to get a fix on it.. I imagine that people who do photography need high Resolution and that all good scanners today will it . I will ask around. Reading the mail each day is vital and my OCR is well forgivemebut I think the best. RE the laptop I didn't mute it yesterday but the sound has vanished again I need to see it if can be fixed not to do this dropping in volume of it's own accord. That key I mentioned the FN key must important. I got a plug in for the laptop and I have checked it the HughSymons and they say it find the driver it needs itself as is XP and doesn't need a driver as my visitor from RNIB thought it might need. I can see you need real skill to use the laptop and until I knowmore about that I will just stick to this computer the Viglen Genie Well you know the old maxim " if all else fails read the instructions" Thanks again Dorothy. Ps Wonder which scanner you use not sure what we are allowed to Ps I often try to scan carbon copies as used to type as handwriting sobad and withluck and the right Engine it canbe done but is the hardest thing of all as somelines are thinkand some wide and onemay haveused anything to hand old carbon paper and wrong copy paper but if you want to get at it you have to try. and whynot..say you know rules and regs of the Listers page. Dorothy