[jaws-uk] A Jaws stutter.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws UK" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:04:07 -0000

Hi,

Using jfw 5.1pro  on a P4 with XP Home IE6,

Graphics card is Intel 82865G Video intercept says it's installed and dm
drivers compatible.

In Outlook Express, when writing a message, jaws goes into a stutter for
some reason. For example, if I arrow up and down to check what I've typed,
it goes wierd. Take my signature line for example, "Kind regards"

When I land on it, jfw goes ki ki ki ki ki ki  and it won't stop until I
arrow away from it. If I do a control end, jfw goes ds ds ds ds ds and won't
stop until I move the arrow key away.

This happens right through the whole programme, not only with the text, but
in the combo boxes where you edit your log on and password settings etc.
It's like the text is animated....

I know there's a page somewhere to check out the graphics card compatibility
on the FS site, so if anyone can save me searching, please let me know where
it is?

Otherwise, anyone got any idea why this is happening?

BTW I changed the mail format ffrom html to plain text and it makes no
difference.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden,

Tel: 01383 737 717