[j-say list] j-say slower in responding in Microsoft Word than in Wordpad

  • From: "Harry Brown" <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 01:42:23 -0400

Hi all,
Running a gateway laptop, running windows xp pro, jaws 12.0.525, Dragon
naturally speaking 11, and j-say pro 9.0.
Here's the problem.  When I start microsoft word, and type my first sentence
using j-say, it takes 15 seconds to respond to my typing.
However, if I launch wordpad using j-say, it is so much faster.  It responds
back to me in about 1 second.
What is causing this and how do I fix it so Word will respond much faster like
wordpad does?
Harry