[j-say list] installation problem

  • From: Kristyn Leigh <kristyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:38:17 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for the quick responses to my IE 8 inquiry and for the excellent
microphone suggestions a few weeks ago.

I have installed Dragon and J-Say several times over the past few years.
Yesterday was my first experience installing Dragon 10.1 with J-Say 7.
Following the procedures in the instructions, I made the suggested
modifications to Windows XP and Office 2007 settings.  I set JAWS 10 build
1154 to its factory defaults, installed Dragon, and then added J-Say.  After
activating Dragon, the volume and quality checks were completed
successfully.  When I went to the Dragon tools menu, "options" was grayed
out.  Is that because the user voice profile has not been created? Have I
done something else wrong? After 4.5 hours of fighting with the computer and
a problem connecting to the Internet, I'm not sure what to try next.  Using
the CD, I attempted to repair Dragon, but nothing changed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kristyn