[j-say list] application key on laptops?

  • From: "Ariane Roberts" <aroberts067@xxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:52:51 -0400

Hello all,

  " Isn't there a command that can activate the application key on a laptop, as
it did in the old "JAWBONE" program?
I have been using an older version of JSay for several years after switching
from the precursor called "jawbone".
When I updated to JSay in 2008, it was installed for me on a new Dell 17 inch
laptop.  The problem is that, this laptop does not have the equivalent of, an
APPLICATION KEY
 nor does it have a "pause /break key either".
I would like to add that if I use the command "right click" it does not bring
up the same menu as the actual working "application key".

This has forced me into a cumbersome arrangement attaching a full keyboard next
to my laptop which limits my mobility and traveling with the laptop.
I must add that I am limited to using just one digit at a time, and that is why
JSay and jaws has been a lifesaver for me!
 this has forced me to limp along with a cumbersome arrangement using a full
size keyboard attached which actually does have a an activated " application
key" and a "pause /break key.

?