[j-say list] Re: Question about Dragon settings

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:52:56 +0530

High Gary,

The reason that this checkbox is recommended to be unchecked is to avoid
cluttering your vocabulary with useless words.  Once this box is checked,
Dragon NaturallySpeaking adds every correction to the vocabulary.  Over
time, this leads to a lot of junk being added to the vocabulary.  Therefore,
the recommendation to leave this setting unchecked.

It is certainly more convenient to keep this box checked however, if you do
so, you must periodically trim your vocabulary.