[j-say list] Re: Question about Dragon settings

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:03:28 -0000

Hi Ed

I am afraid that is incorrect.  Ideally this Check Box should be unchecked
as a preference.  All kinds of nonsense can get into the vocab if you check
this box.  Even if you select text and type over it with the keyboard, words
can get added to the vocabulary.  In addition, often people make mistakes
when correcting text and these errors can creep into the vocabulary.  We
have a great tool to add words and phrases to the vocabulary manually, "My
Words", and this is highly recommended.  The words and phrases added in this
way are also backed up separately using our Backup utility.  Thus, they can
be restored with the current profile if necessary or indeed are available
for the creation of new profiles.

As a further point of reference, I can do no better than to draw readers to
the Knowebrainer/Dragon NaturallySpeaking community forum.  This post,
although lengthy, gives good reasons for unchecking this box which I fully
support.

The URL is
http://support.lhsl.com/databases/dragon/webdisc.nsf/2b03ac191573b70a85256b0
9006fc459/7101704e512caca78525739500737231?OpenDocument

I am glad I did not have to type all of that URL!

Very Best Regards:

Brian Hartgen

Product Development Manager

T&T Consultancy Ltd

temporary address until further notice

T&T Consultancy Ltd

Brampton House Ltd

Brampton House

Queen Street

Newcastle under Lyme

ST5 1ED

Tel: 01782644141

Fax:  01782 664856

Web Site, www.tandt-consultancy.com

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the
email and any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy Ltd have made
strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its
staff are free from viruses. However, it cannot accept any responsibility
for any viruses which are transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all
received e-mail messages.

Registered in England No. 4098268