[j-say list] Re: Office 2010 query

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:19:38 +0530

Hi Brian,

1.       Compose a new message in Outlook 2010.
PL] Done.
2.       Use the command, Insert Attachment, or press the keyboard
equivalent which is ALT+N, A, F.
PL] Done using the keyboard since I have a cold so cannot speak.
3.       The insert attachment dialog box appears.
PL] Yes.
4.       Browse to the folder, by default Documents. You can see the
contents on a Windows7 machine by pressing Shift+Tab twice or by saying,
Move Back 2 Controls.
PL] Sorry, when I reach this folder, I am in the folders list. No problems
here.
5.       Now to the problem. As you arrow down each file in the list, it
would seem that there is some kind of preview pane or window which changes,
maybe to display information about the file possibly? It is difficult for me
to tell on the customer's machine because JAWS cannot cope in this
environment and simply "crashes" and there is no longer any speech. But
visually, as you arrow down, focus is forced into this window. When you tab
back to the list and arrow down a second time, again visually focus moves to
the window.
PL] Nothing like that here.

I've not seen this before, but is it likely that Outlook is displaying a new
window when focus changes and can that setting be disabled please?
PL] No.

Pranav