[iyonix-support] Re: usb?

  • From: jb <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:09:17 +0100

Hi

In message <4e2359af43Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <78d23c234e.postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Ike Busser <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > This morning I found both USB-ports on the back of my Iyonix weren't
> > working.
> > Finally I unplugged the power from the hub which I use and I the hub
> > the took power from the Iyonix and told it was present again.
>
> > However USB info tells me that there are only 3 buses while I seem to
> > recall that there should be 4. Is this so?
>
> No. There are two physical buses (one with three ports and one with two)
> and a third virtual bus for those running USB2.
>
> > *usbbuses
> > Transfers (3 buses):

there are 2 OHCI controllers (i.e. USB1 controllers, one with 2 ports
and one with 3) and 1 EHCI controller (i.e. USB2) which has priority
access to all 5 possible ports. This priority access is why the usb is
'knocked down' when the USB2 driver starts. Each port is tested for
USB2 ability before being offered to USB1.

Hope that helps clarify

John

--
John Ballance