[iyonix-support] Re: Window reader - help!

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:05:10 +0000

John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I then messed about with the system a bit. I'm not sure what caused the
> above to change - it was constantly repeatable through re-boots - but now
> the new 'stable' situation is that now pressing CTRL_SHIFT_F12 brings up
> an error window headed "Banner", saying "Message token HasData not
> found". ? If I click on "OK" the computer then goes into the 5 second
> shut-down sequence normally.
>
> So I cannot try the  CTRL_SHIFT_F12 twice because of this error. Can
> anyone suggest what this is?

An application you are running is crashing when it receives the shutdown
message, probably because its messages file does not contain the string for
asking you to save data.

> The Task window shows an application task running : Window Reader  32K If
> I quit this task, I cannot find any difference on the desktop. What does
> it do?

Its not part of the OS, you are running it at some point, so you tell us -
or rather contact the author and report the bug.

Cheers
---Dave

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx