[iyonix-support] Re: What will happen to the Smartgroup message archive?

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:25:14 +0100

Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I can see nobody suggested shutting the Smartgroup list=20
> down, in the sense of deleting it. Rather, we simply do not post to it=20
> any more and post to the new list instead. The Smartgroup archives=20
> will not be affected by that

If past experiance is anything to go by, such as with my
riscos-graphicscards list, once the it has not received any posts for
around 90 days smartgroups will delete it without even warning the owner.
But as their ability to deliver emails is so poor, I might still be told
about it in a few months time.

However, I am sure that before that time, JWB will have made arrangements
to archive all the existing posts and make them available in some form or
other.

> Your above question was posted to the Smartgroup instead of to the new=20
> list - was that deliberate? [reply sent to the freelists.org list]

To make the process of archiving the old list easier, it is best for
everyone to start using the new list now, and not post or cc to the old
one.

Cheers
---Dave

--