[iyonix-support] Re: *Verify query

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:00:53 +0100

On 12/08/2011 07:41, Andrew Pinder wrote:
I got  "freeze" from a Task Window.  The mouse did move but the clock
was not being updated.  Alt-Break did eventually work but there were
filecore errors so I did a shutdown.  I've only ever previously used
*Verify outside the desktop - hit F12 - and that has just worked fine.

DO NOT run *Verify, *Checkmap or any other low level disc commands from a TaskWindow. These commands do not multi-task properly in a task window and can lock the machine until they have completed.

Also they will report spurious disc corruption if anything else wrote to the disc when the were running. Always use the single tasking F12 prompt at the bottom of the screen for these commands.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx