[iyonix-support] Re: *Verify query

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:53:16 +0100
On 12 Aug 2011, at 07:41, Andrew Pinder wrote:

> In message <5201476ee1Paul@xxxxxxxx>
> on 11 Aug 2011 Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In article <4E4449B1.3040101@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>   David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> *ADFS:Verify 4
>
>> No, total freeze again. No Alt-Break possible, only a reset.
>> Not that I bother - I never used the *verify command during the 25 years of
>> my RISC OS citizenship, and I probably never will use it again.
>
>> Kind regards,
>> Paul Sprangers
>
>> (Iyonix, RISC OS 5.116, ADFS by default)
>
> I got  "freeze" from a Task Window.  The mouse did move but the clock
> was not being updated.  Alt-Break did eventually work but there were
> filecore errors so I did a shutdown.  I've only ever previously used
> *Verify outside the desktop - hit F12 - and that has just worked fine.

*verify "appears" to freeze the Iyonix here too. I rather think that is an
illusion, *verify single tasks, even in a task window, so while it is running
it takes over the machine. That's the theory, recalled, possibly inaccurately,
from last time this came up.

I have left the *verify running to see if it does return, the disc light is on
so something could be happening. In any case it will take a while with a 120GB
drive.

For our convenience a fully multi-tasking tool is provided on the drive menu.

I will report back (much) later.

--
David Pitt
Apple Mail