[iyonix-support] Re: USB ext hd & Fat32FS

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:03:21 +0100

In message <6e05cdc251.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <404bcac251.c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I have reformatted my 500Gb HP SimpleSave to FAT32 and re-loaded the
>> files

> If the USB cable that came with it has three connectors
snip
Thanks for responding. No, it didn't.

> I don't know whether using two IYO ports will get more than half an
> amp - it should if the ports meet the spec fully.

I don't think that's recommended.

> The other possibility is that the Simplesave isn't a standard mass
> storage device - if it only works on a PC when the files preloaded are
> present, then there is a good chance it isn't configured as a plain
> disc drive, so the IYO can't handle it.

Not sure what you mean here. Clearly I can't be using the pre-loaded
s/w to backup from the Iyo, not that it would work anyway.

However I have a folder at the root directory of the SimpleSave which
just contains files which were created on the Iyo and transferred via
the Network drive to a PC and then onto the SimpleSave. I was hoping
to be able to access this folder directly from the USB port on the
Iyo. But the drive isn't wanting to crank-up.

> I've got an HP 2GB usb memory device which works on a Unipod in an
> RPC, works (slowwly) on a PC, and freezes the Iyonix solid.

> Not all USB devices are compatible.
Indeed.

--
BW Chris F. [ British Iyonix, RISC OS 5.16 ]
Wakefield RISC OS Show - Sat 16/04/11 - www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

British Real Ale! (Because you're worth it.)