[iyonix-support] Re: USB ext hd & Fat32FS

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:47:31 +0100

In message <4ab6d2c251.c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <6e05cdc251.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <404bcac251.c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I have reformatted my 500Gb HP SimpleSave to FAT32 and re-loaded the
>>> files

You didn't say what files. I was thinking of files which were
originally on the drive when you bought it.

> Not sure what you mean here. Clearly I can't be using the pre-loaded
> s/w to backup from the Iyo, not that it would work anyway.

Some external devices rely on running code directly from the disc in
order to connect to Windows. Clearly, they don't implement the mass
storage protocols which are required for use with an Iyonix. I
wondered whether you had one of those.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx