[iyonix-support] USB HD backup

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 01:23:16 +1300

I backed up my IDE HD to a SCSIFormed USB HD today.
Using 7backup, 15 GB took approx 2 hours.
I have a few silly directories, So this could be improved on.
I think directories with many small read only files would be
better off in an archive, requiring only one read and one
date stamping while running 7backup.

I have the new USB mass storage driver installed, and I
found that the simple copying speed for large files was about
4.5 Mbyte/sec. (IDE HD to USB HD)
Has any body noticed tranfer speeds in the past, or know
that this performance is on target?
It looked pretty impressive to me, and very importantly, the
backup had no hiccups whatsoever.

Cheers,  Ron M