[iyonix-support] Re: Subscribing?

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 20:10:13 +0100

In article <f3ea4e204e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1 May, J C Conner wrote in message
>   <b4434b204e.JCCArc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > I'm not quite clear. Do we need to re-subscribe or are all
> > current members of the group carried across automatically,
> > please?

> No, it would seem that existing members are automatically carried
> across; you just need to update your email client to use the new
> list address (if you have M-Pro or Pluto set up to handle mailing
> lists, that is).

Actually, as the old list will run for a little while, it's worth
having two entries in one's mailing lists facility for the time
being.  I at first changed completely, and I then received a couple
of messages sent to the SmartGroups address that went to my default
mailbox instead.

I have now added a second entry, pointing to the same box and with
the same other characteristics (strip tag, which user & sig file,
expiry after).  Hopefully this will be useful to others, not only
here but on any other lists to which they subscribe who might also
have to make their change over a period.

> Why people have been flooding the list with "subscribe" posts is
> anyone's guess...

Force of habit?  Just a guess...

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!