[iyonix-support] Re: Ro 5.22 on Iyonix -- and Aemulor

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 13:14:00 +0100

On 05/08/2015 12:17, Richard Molton wrote:

On 22 Jul, Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed 22 Jul, Richard Molton wrote:
My Iyonix is one of those with unuseable networking on the motherboard,
and I have a PCI network card.

I've noticed that sometimes, on startup, two network interfaces are
detected - Motherboard and Intel pci card. At other times, I get three.
(The third is Serial PPP). I can't see why it should not always be
consistent. Any idea what is happening?

The reason you are using the PCI card is that the motherboard interface isn't always powering up correctly, if it was you wouldn't need the PCI card.

Serial PPP is coming from a module, which you are loading at Boot somehow, and being detected by the Inetrnet setup script. You need to do some digging, and remove it if you aren't using serial PPP (dates back to the days of a dial up modem).

However, another little
niggle - possible to do with MimeMap but I'm not too sure.

When I download either the softload or the re-flash version of 5.22, the
filer icon is a big question mark, not the usual zip icon - type &A91 -
and it won't unzip unless I change the type to Archive ddc.

Is !SparkFS or whatever you are using seen by the filer.

If I do *MimeMap I can see entries for application/zip type &a91, and
application/x-zip, type &FFFFFFE extensions a91

Looking in !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files.MimeMap I can see
application/zip[09][09]Zip[09][09]a91[09].zip
and
application/x-zip[09]Zip[09][09]a91

Try removing the second line.

I found a while back that its presence cause all .zip files on a Lanman98 share to appear as type &DDC rather than &A91. With the undesired consequence that an &A91 files copied to the share where named file.zip,a91

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx