[iyonix-support] Re: Ro 5.22 on Iyonix -- and Aemulor

  • From: Richard Molton <richardmolton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:17:53 +0100

On 22 Jul, Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed 22 Jul, Richard Molton wrote:

My Iyonix is one of those with unuseable networking on the motherboard,
and I have a PCI network card. The machine used to work for a while and
then default back to networking via motherboard - whereupon it failed.
Richard Darby suggested a replacement module, EKNoMoBo, which I copied
into Resources.!System.500.Modules.Network

There are two modules, a BASIC program and an Obey file in the download for
using a PCI network card.
I suggest redownloading from:
http://www.iyonix.com/updates/etherk.shtml
Full instructions within

This has worked fine and I thought the problem had gone away, but with the
new !Boot it seems to be back. I've copied the NoMoBo module into the
corresponding place in the new !Boot, but to no avail. It does work at
first, but after shutting down it tries to start with (not always) either
the MoBo enabled as the primary interface, or none at all.

I've noticed that sometimes, on startup, two network interfaces are
detected - Motherboard and Intel pci card. At other times, I get three.
(The third is Serial PPP). I can't see why it should not always be
consistent. Any idea what is happening?

Usually networking works OK with Intel PCI enabled/configured, but at
present it isn't happy. I've re-seated the PCI card to no avail. If I try
to configure the PCI card it allows me to enter the data OK but 'Status'
is all Unset/Unknown. In the current state ( assuming this email is
correctly sent ) it is with Motherboard checked and configured, status OK,
but the physical connection is to the IntelPCI card.
If I try to check PCI as well as MoBo, it gets upset and won't connect.
(not surprised)

I now have two copies of the EKNoMoBo module, one named as such, and its
twin named EtherK. Both live within !System.500.Modules.Network and it is
intended that whichever interface the !Boot actually loads, it will in
fact always be running the NoMoBo module, under either alias. Does that
make any sense?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

If everything is ok with the softloaded ROM, then you can think about
a permanent flash of the ROM. Download 'Tungsten 5.22 stable (flash
prog) from the url given above.

Seems fine after a week, shall try flashing. However, another little
niggle - possible to do with MimeMap but I'm not too sure.

When I download either the softload or the re-flash version of 5.22, the
filer icon is a big question mark, not the usual zip icon - type &A91 -
and it won't unzip unless I change the type to Archive ddc.

If I do *MimeMap I can see entries for application/zip type &a91, and
application/x-zip, type &FFFFFFE extensions a91

Looking in !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files.MimeMap I can see
application/zip[09][09]Zip[09][09]a91[09].zip
and
application/x-zip[09]Zip[09][09]a91

*H.MimeMap says the module is 0.17 22 May 2014

I have previously had no problem unzipping files and wonder if I have
accidentally changed something.> >

TIA

Richard Molton

Chris Evans