[iyonix-support] Re: Replacement iyonix-support group

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:58:30 +0100

In message <5406031.1146555345854.JavaMail.root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          jeffrey.doggett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm now getting innundated with emails to my works email account
> from the freelists.org even though my preferences are set on here
> for "Web access" only. Please stop sending emails to me. I don't
> want them.

OK. If you go to <URL://www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support>,
you may be able to enter your e-mail address and then choose 'Turn
Vacation mode on'. This corresponds to 'User is on vacation; don't
send mail until flag unset' so effectively web-only access.

You then get e-mailed confirmation that this has happened. I'm not
sure if you need to have "logged into this list" first or not.

When doing so for the first time, you just enter your address and a
password is e-mailed to you. Logging in allows you to see what flags
are currently set on your account (those that you can alter) and what
they each mean.

See <URL://www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq> and
<URL://www.freelists.org/help/list-flags.html>.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
"Every impulsive couple has its moment in a field." - applied maths teacher