[iyonix-support] Re: Replacement iyonix-support group

  • From: ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 15:33:55 GMT

In message <b8f934204e.jb@xxxxxxxxxx>
          jb <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have set up a replacement iyonix-support group on freelists.org..
> through which you are getting this email.
>
> it is: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> In theory, at present all posts are moderated, and subscription is by
> invite only.  There are a fair number of config things to do with the
> group I've probably not set up, or set up correctly, so do please let
> me know what I've missed, and do please bear with me whilst the group
> gets going.
>
> thanks for your patience
>
> John

I have already replied to this mail via smartgroups. This is via freelists.
It will be interesting to see which comes back to me first!

What I typed in that first mail was:

Great! I can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from subscribers!

Presumably the SmartGroups list will close when any problems with the new
list are sorted, after which further e-mails to them will bounce. No doubt
we will be warned when this is about to happen.

Am I right in assuming that there is no risk of missing any e-mails either
by changing the address for the Iyonix-support list to freelists immediately
or by delaying doing this until you have sent the warning that the
smartgroups list is closed from some date?

Thanks,

Ralph

--

Ralph & Valmai Stevens