[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 & FX5200 Upgrades?

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:36:18 +0100

In article <2454026.1047478-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tennant Stuart
<tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The ROM Upgrade includes (among other improvements) support for a
        ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > wide range of nVidia Graphics processors and USB2 is now available in
> > ROM. In addition IYONIX Ltd have made available a special offer for
> > those wishing to upgrade to the nVidia FX5200 graphics card at the
> > same time. The cost for the Graphics card and the ROM Upgrade is just
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > ukp 139.

> > Prices include vat. Delivery extra (where appropriate).

> > For further details please contact the sales office:

> > Tel:          0870 383 4543 Fax:          0870 705 8879 web:
> > http://www.iyonix.com email:        sales@xxxxxxxxxx Overseas tel:
> > +44 870 383 4543

> When they say ROM, they do really mean a ROM, a plastic thing with
> metal legs?

Inasmuch as the plastic thing with metal legs and a bit of rock in the
middle is already on the iyonix motherboard. For upgraders you buy a "ROM
Upgrade", an application which re-flashes the EAPROM which already
contains your current version of RISC OS.

I guess it's in ROM once the thing has been re-programmed and you are
only reading it.

Tim Hill,
<URL:http://www.timil.com/>