[iyonix-support] Re: Quickfiler query

  • From: Martin <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:35:20 +0000 (GMT)

In article <45E57338.9010405@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David Thomas <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John wrote:
> > Does anyone know whether QuickFiler v2.19 works with 5.13?

> It's been upset by the Filer's new version number.

> Edit the version number at the end of !InstallQF.QMessages line 29
> ("MT7 Set directory...") to match the Filer's version number (2.12, I
> think) and re-run the installer.

Hrrmph! I dare to go on holiday when I think it is safe, and a new ROM
and Filer appears :-))

So, apologies for the delay in responding, but I have now caught up with
events.

The revised version of the QMessages file is now available for download
from http://www.avisoft.force9.co.uk/ and the full archive has also been
updated.

The fix is basically just as Dave suggested above (thanks to Dave for
that ... and indeed for writing QF in the first place!) so if you have
already manually applied the fix (to change 2.10 to 2.13) then there is
no need to do anything.

I do plan to add QF type functionality to ROOL wish list, when I get
chance.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader