[iyonix-support] Re: Quickfiler query

  • From: Willem Arends <wlm4p@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:27:00 +0100

In message <4ebc38de03lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
          Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4ebc37e90email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know whether QuickFiler v2.19 works with 5.13?
>
> No it doesn't. However, I've emailed the author with the relevant log file
> created by QFiler.
>
> > Perhaps the improvements to the filing system make it redundant now?
>
> No. There are still no key shortcuts in the ROS 5.13 filer. Perhaps that's
> an idea for a future version of RISC OS.....?

As a long time user of QF I feel greatly inconvenienced without it now
(RO 5.13). I too did send the logfile to Avisoft, but without an answer
still. I strongly support the suggestion to implement these keyboard
shortcuts in the next RO version, so maybe JB can have a chat with
Martin Avison about it?

--
Kind regards, Willem Arends

- I know I ain't cute an' my voice is ka-poot - Frank Zappa