[iyonix-support] Poor Power-on/Re-boot reliability

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:11:54 +0100

Having recently upgraded my Iyonix to RISC OS 5.20 I am disappointed
with its Power-on/Re-boot performance. I often have to switch off and
on again to get it to Boot-up. It intermittently fails to re-boot - no
beep is heard. Nothing exceptional is reported by Reporter running in
Boot logging mode.

I installed virgin copies of !Boot, Apps, Printing and Utilities from
the ROOL HardDisc4 zip download.

Can any of you bright sparks suggest what might be causing this?

Reliability with RISC OS 5.18 was excellent but I would prefer not to
re-install it.

Copied to c.s.a.misc

Richard