[iyonix-support] Re: Lost SCSIFS Icons

  • From: Peter Woodbine <p.m.woodbine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:19:53 +0100

On 01 Apr, Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4f88c8d4f4p.m.woodbine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Woodbine

> > After starting up my Iyonix I have no Icons appearing when I plug in my
> > memory sticks or card readers. USBInfo can see the devices though.

> > When I *RMreinit SCSIFS I get a message SCSIFS not found. It is however
> > in the Boot.PreDesk.SoftSCSI directory.

> *RMReinit is for modules in ROM, these are soft-loaded from Predesk.

> > Has anyone any idea what can have gone wrong?

> If '*Help SCSIFS' shows nothing then you have a boot sequence error. If
> it's there then you may have hidden the devices.

> Ian

Hi
I have not changed anything in predesk as far as I know.
* Help SCSIFS shows nothing.

When the machine boots and the progress is echoed on screen the last item
appears to be a complaint that a SWI is not recognised.
Is there a way to slow this to give me a chance to read it.? or perhaps to
spool it to a file.
I think that may give me a clue as to where the problem is.

Thanks Pete

--
P.M.Woodbine