[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix video output: was MDF request : More

  • From: "J LEEMING" <jleeming231@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:47:59 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:34 PM
Subject: [iyonix-support] Iyonix video output: was MDF request : More

The new FX5200 arrived this morning - thanks, Chris - and was promptly
built in, only to find that the line across the screen is still there!  :(

So, after a new unnecessary monitor and now a new unnecessary video card, I
am no further forward. So what is causing this black band?

Hoping not to get a bollocking, I enclose a screenshot of what is involved.
The worst aspect of it is that it leaves copies of itself when a window is
moved, as shown on the edit window.

Where do I go from here? And do you accept returns, Chris!?

John

I have a similar effect on a laptop, which appears to be caused by a physical connection fault between output and screen, in that jiggling the connection temporarily clears the problem. I can't explain why, though.

John L.
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support