[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix PSU check

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 19:08:17 -0700

In message <59c1db234e.ms001e3433@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Mark Syder <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good idea.
>
> 1. I've added a second hard disc. When I power up the computer, only the
> first disc is on the icon bar. The second appears only after a soft reboot.
>
> 2. Similarly, I've added a DVD-rewriter. When I power up, both optical drives
> appear on the icon bar, but the CD-rewriter is often not recognized. This too
> comes good after a soft reboot.
>
> 3. I have Geminus multi-screen and graphics acceleration. When I use Geminus
> in multi-screen mode, I am lucky to get five minutes without the Iyonix
> completely freezing.

Yes, but the drives spin up, I presume.  None of this is particularly
indicative of a PSU problem AFAICT, but rather various problems with
RISC OS/southbridge controller.  Most likely similar to what I see, when
my main drive isn't recognised at all on reboot - it's very frustrating,
and is part of the reason I've only now made my Iyonix my main machine,
and I dread the need to even do a ctrl-break.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@xxxxxxxxxx        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/