[iyonix-support] Re: Internet speed

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:39:51 +0100

In message <507ef38928Paul@xxxxxxxx>
          Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.0907221600380.18002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

snip

> Roger wrote:
>> What are you using to measure the speed?
>
> NetSurf gives a good indication about downloading speeds.
> Besides, for downloading NetSurf itself, I use an obey file, that also
> measures the exact download speed. 320Kbyte is still the limit.

Average speed, or peak speed? I've seen peak speeds over 500 Kbyte/sec
on the Netsurf download readout on my Iyo even though the average has
been well below this using an 8Mbit broadband connection. On my Dell
Celeron laptop (running XP) average speeds were about double the Iyo
but the peak speed was only 25% higher (both machines tested within a
few minutes of each other on the same test site and test file
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download/ ).

George