[iyonix-support] Internet speed

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:59:17 +0200

Dear all,

During the last three or four years, I had a 3 Mbit internet connection,
which enabled downloading at approximately 320 Kbyte per second, both on my
Iyonix (5.13) as on the Windows machines in our home network.

Recently, I upgraded to a 8 Mbit connection. Now, the Windows machines
download at approximately 900 Kbyte per second, but my dear Iyonix still
sticks to 320 Kbyte. Is there something that should be changed or setup at
the Iyonix side? I've really no idea where to start.

Funnily, my Virtual Acorn on the Vista Laptop now even manages to download
new Netsurf versions at 1,25 Mbyte per second!

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers