[iyonix-support] Internal Card Reader start-up problem

  • From: William Lack <williamlack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 08:48:34 +0100

I have an early Iyonix running 5.11, up to date, with all hardware mods and a
fairly new power supply.  I have an internal multi-card reader bought from
CJE.

Quite often (say 25% of the time) when I start up the red light on the reader
does not go out (it usually does so about a second or two after I press the
blue button). The card reader will not then work, gives no icons and does not
show on *USBDevices. !USBKick won't re-start the reader.
The only solution seems to be to shut down and power up again.

*usbdevices (when not working)
No. Bus Dev Class Description
  1   1   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  5   2   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  7   3   1  9/ 0 EHCI root hub
 11   2   2  0/ 0 Chicony USB Keyboard
 12   1   2  9/ 0 Genesys Logic USB Hub
 13   1   3  0/ 0 Genesys Logic USB Mouse
 14   1   4 FF/FF EPSON EPSON Scanner
*

*USBDevices (on next boot, when working):
No. Bus Dev Class Description
  1   1   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  6   2   1  9/ 0 NEC OHCI Root Hub
  8   3   1  9/ 0 EHCI root hub
  9   1   2  9/ 0 Genesys Logic USB Hub
 10   1   3  0/ 0 Genesys Logic USB Mouse
 11   1   4 FF/FF EPSON EPSON Scanner
 12   2   2  0/ 0 Chicony USB Keyboard
 13   3   2  0/ 0 Generic Mass Storage Device
*
I've spoken to CJE about this but they haven't seen it before.

--
William Lack