[iyonix-support] Re: Help with Display

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:48:52 GMT

On 27 Feb 2007 "gphousley" <gordon.housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With Thanks to those who have already attempted to help with my problems
> with my Iyonix starting up in low definition. The advice has been to look to
> see if something in predesk is blocking the proper mdf. However as I am
> someone who just uses the thing and knows little about what goes on under
> the bonnet; can someone give me additional information on exactly where I
> should look. I have looked in !Boot.Backup.Choices.Boot, but I presume that
> is what it says, a backup. Then ther is !Boot.Choices.Predesk. and
> !Boot.RO500.Boot.
> Do I look in predesk itself or in the surrounding folders? What should I
> leave there to avoid getting into even Moere trouble? Would it be best to
> get back to the original settings and if so how?
> Gordon

The easiest way is to get Paul Vigay's TaskSetup !Configure plug-in from
http://www.vigay.com/software/tasksetup.html This shows you all the
things in !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk, !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks and
!Boot.Resources, highlights in red which are things that part of the
standard boot sequence, and allows you to disable each so you can track
down which is at fault.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx