[iyonix-support] Fwd: Re: Just Upgaded to 5.22 - Eureka error

  • From: Julie <julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:48:00 +0100

------ Forwarded message ------
From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Aug 2015 1145
Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Just Upgaded to 5.22 - Eureka error

In message <54f0e30b8djulie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

On 10 Aug, Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

I am currently trying to switch to Firworkz from Eureka to minimise the
use of !Aemulor but finding the lack of a good manual a substantial
obstacle to becoming familiar with Fireworkz.

--

Robert

Manuals are available on the web, alongside the freeware version of
Fireworkz for RISC OS. A websearch should find it easily.

I can't post to the Iyo list for some reason, but I can reply
privately.

I should point out that the *Pro* version of FZ (ie. the non-free one)
contains extended documentation, especially of the Spreadsheet stuff.
The original documentation has been updated and expanded for this,
with new examples and extended description and content. This is on
the CD or in the separate manual/documentation folder in the !Store
zip. Fireworkz also as built-in documentation, but it isn't as
extensive AFAIK.

The Pro version also includes extra spreadsheet templates to improve
spreadsheet usability and easier import of foreign files. The current
public test version of Pro includes Excel Export, and updated Excel
Import and dozens of new OpenDocument-compliant spreadsheet functions.

There have also been a number of improvements/fixes made in this new
version (Mailmerge now actually works, a number of crash faults
fixed). I'd strongly recommend it.

If one of you could point (some of?) the above out on the list, it'd
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Done: Julie