[iyonix-support] Re: Just Upgaded to 5.22 - Eureka error

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:18:00 +0100

In message <e81bb4ef54.Peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apologies - I found my previous posts and replies regarding Eureka
that I had forgotten!! Old age is my excuse! I sent them a long time
ago.

Looks like I will be maintaining the softload of 5.22 so I can revert
to 5.16 to use my spreadsheets. I might change them over slowly to
Excel4 format and migrate them to my Macbook.

!Eureka is a 26 bit application so requires !Aemulor to run and
earlier versions of !Aemulor got broken in the move to 5.22 so you
should check if you have version 2.34 of !Aemulor installed and if not
upgrade to that.

RISCOS badly needs a speadsheet program that will read and save in
Excel formats. Is anything on the horizon? Firewokz does not work for
me.

FireWorkzPro can import Excel and I understand that RComp are working
on a update to export in the latest Excel formats as well.

The best thing is that Fireworkz is 32 bit so no need to use !Aemulor
which causes other issues.

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.22, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.