[iyonix-support] Re: Freezes

  • From: C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:18:35 +0100

In message <4e28f36c7dIan_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <gemini.izgmyc04j1jd0030k.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David J. Ruck
> <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I have an early Iyonix without circuit board mods OS 5.11.
>> >
>> > I bought a DVD writer & software from APDL. That works like a dream
>> > but I now get crashes manipulating large pictures in Photodesk &
>> > Dpingscan.
>
>> [snip]
>
>> > Any suggestions?
>
>> Get the circuit board mods done. Any changes to hardware can expose
>> problems even if you didn't experience them before.
>
> In the meantime an '*Audio Off' should prevent the freezes.
>
> Ian

 Thanks for your speedy response, I have just done
*Audio off & managed to rotate 8 huge images without problems!
Why changing the CD writer should make a difference, I have no idea!
The old one was a mere shadow of the new one anyway.
I will arrange to get the circuit board mods done.

thanks

Chris

--
C J Craig