[iyonix-support] Freezes

  • From: C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:00:12 +0100

Help.

I have an early Iyonix without circuit board mods OS 5.11.

It has always been reasonably stable until after my visit to
Wakefield.

I bought a DVD writer & software from APDL. That works like a dream
but I now get crashes manipulating large pictures in Photodesk &
Dpingscan. The computer will not reset after one of these freezes &
requires a power off restart. I get the impression it freezes less
often if the DVD writer IDE cable is disconected?? I have changed the
IDE cable, cleaned the RAM contacts. The DVD drive is NB354OA (NEC)
Voltages are no different red 5.08V yellow 12.09V.
How do I test the RAM?

Any suggestions?
Imternet/Messenger seem to be working OK

Chris

--
C J Craig
Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Castle Iyonix PC  XScale Processor RiscOS 5.11.