[iyonix-support] Re: Disc error 26s

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:25:36 GMT

In message <4eb41220a0rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4eb2fc47a1charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <3454f1b24e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David J. Ruck
> > <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Error 26 is a cable fault, which indicates either the cable or in
> > > this case more likely to be an issue with the disc controller.
>
> > and that is the error I got initially when the fault turned out to
> > be a dodgy psu.
>
> Ditto.

Replacing the PSU has banished the problem for me too. It does look like the
slightly weedy 250W PCU is one of the first things to suspect when one gets
funny problems on Iyonices. My old PSU was a Hirolchi Electronics Company
HEC-250-LR-AT model, if that helps anyone in future.

Simon Smith
--
Have you heard of the International Obfuscated Perl Code Competition? Each
contestant is shown ten Perl programs - five that have been written normally