[iyonix-support] Re: Correct values of power supply required

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:23:06 +0200

In message <46827A33.9000800@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Milius wrote:
> > I can't but believe but it is true: I did not store the correct values
> > for the power supply (5V/12V). Can anyone tell me them again?
>
> the indicator is: 5.06v +/- .02v .. if the psu has ceased offering this,
> especially if it goes lower, the psu is no longer regulating correctly..
> an observed consequence of this is hdd and n/w inconsistency
>
> John

Many thanks for the hint. Does the 12V value also plays a role or won't
it cause trouble? My one is 11.97 Volt even this depends on connecting
a hard disc more or less.

The 5 V value seems to be correct at 5.06 Volt.

In my case my Iyonix wasn't able to access the second IDE cable
especially a second hard disc (even this is never than the original
disc but only used seldom for backup purposes and operates in standby
mode). In the moment it works again. It seems that replugging of
the IDE and disc power connectors helped which might indicate a
corrosion problem on the second disc with the humid air here during
the last days but I shall keep an eye on it.

Best Regards

Thomas Milius