[iyonix-support] Re: Coroutines with Norcroft C

  • From: "Ste (PlusNet)" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:52:49 +0100

On 23 Aug, Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried emailing this to c-support@xxxxxxxxxxxx but it bounced. It is
> probably a rather naive question but I am looking for advice from those
> more expert. I want to implement coroutines in an application written in
> C. That means that I will need separate stacks for different coroutines.
> Is there a straightforward way of doing this using the Norcroft C package?
> Or is there more support for this sort of thing using gcc?

This is something which I know for a fact has been done. Kevin Bracey wrote
some C software within the last year that used coroutines. You might be able
to ask his advice, although I agree with the other people posting here that
you should put your request to the comp.sys.acorn.programmer newsgroup and
he or someone else with similar knowledge could answer there (which would be
of benefit to others).

There are many ways to access newsgroups with RISC OS. I use NewsHound,
which will work perfectly well with Messenger Pro (that I see you use).

Steve

--
Steve @ PlusNet