[iyonix-support] Re: COPY aborting on Zip and CDImage files

  • From: tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart)
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:16:14 +0000

In message Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote:
>In message Steven Pampling wrote:

> > > If it recognises that the item copied is a file, then it should
> > > recognise that the destination is also a file: both have the same
> > > name and filetype.  (Or if one is a directory, so is the other.)
>
> > As per Martins answer - if it is a zip and SparkFS is loaded it is
> > both a file and a directory.
>
> Of course.
>
> But it is the same object on both discs.  When the copy command looks at
> one it says it is a file and when the same command looks at the other it
> says it is a directory.  This is inconsistent - and is what I am trying
> to point out.  If there was no such inconsistency, copying could proceed
> satisfactorily and my backups likewise.

I'm afraid I don't understand this discussion at all.

If I get SparkFS to create a "directory" called NEWZIP, then the following
line in a Basic program (or an Obey file) works perfectly well...

             *COPY TEXTFILE NEWZIP.TEXTFILE  F ~V ~C

Both the Iyonix & RiscPC are good, and either TEXTFILE can be the newer.

Tennant Stuart
--