[isapros] VPN Issue

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:35:54 -0400

I'm enabling client VPN access. I'd like to authenticate them using an
active directory user group. When I enable VPN Access using the ISA 2006
Wizard I get an message that "this computer cannot be added to the list
of valid remote access servers in active directory".  What is it talking
about? Is this saying that ISA can't talk to Active Directory? Looking
at the packets it seems that ISA is attempting to authenticate the users
locally rather than through Active Directory. I see a chap challenge =
firewall and then a chap response from the VPN client with their
domain\username then authentication fails.

Amy

--
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=l4FDSMmi007060&from=amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx