[isapros] Re: Publishing Fedora-PHPticket System using ISA 2006 SE

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:10:45 -0700

"also a KB " means that this behavior is also documented in a KB;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281985/.
This KB needs updating to include ISA 2004 & 2006, but the behavior itself
hasn't changed.

The way to validate policy changes is to make sure that your test client has no
sessions with ISA.  Monitoring, Sessions will show any active sessions and you
can kill them there as well.

From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 4:45 PM
"no joy" and "no luck" aren't anything to work from.
Have the symptoms changed?
If not, it's probable that:
1. you changed the wrong listener
2. you didn't wait for ISA to sync with CSS (Ent Ed only)
3. your test client still has an active session with ISA (policy changes don't
affect active sessions - also a KB)

Jim

From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 11:06 PM
Your new web site is requiring some form of authentication.  By default, ISA
disallows authentication over unencrapted HTTP (as it should!).
You *can* allow authentication over HTTP in the advanced properties of the
listener "Authentication" context, but this is ill-advised except as a
*TEMPORARY* troubleshooting step.

Use an SSL listener for this connection and you should be fine.

From: Steve Moffat <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 6:27 PM
You need to create a web publishing rule that points to your webserver. If you
aren't already publishing owa securely, now is the time, otherwise you will
need to use a port other than 80 for your ticket system.