[isapros] Re: OT: Exchange 2007 on x86

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:23:55 -0700

Yeah, it’s not on MSDN – there it says “Exchange 2007 requires x64 bit” but I
wonder if you can do it anyway…

I’ve seen posts where people have tried to load it in VMWare but can’t, where
replies are “x64 is the only version supported in production.”  Those kind of
replies drive me nuts… They don’t answer the question of whether there is an
x86 version, if it “works” or if there is a “special build specifically for VM
demos”

My guess is that there is only a special version for demo’ing purposes- one
that doesn’t actually “work.”