[isapros] ISA Restore to Server by Another Name

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:02:08 -0400

I think I may have done something bad. Although it seems to be working
except for one nagging issue.  I restored an ISA server firewall policy
onto a server with a different name than the original. The nagging issue
is that the firewall client won't connect to it, even if you manually
put in the name of the server it can't find it. Uninstalling the
firewall client from the PC and reinstalling it didn't change anything.
BTW, there must be a reference to the old server someplace because the
firewall client populates itself with the old server name. Seems like
uninstalling it from the PC doesn't clear out the information.

What I need is to find out why the firewall client can't connect to the
server. Where should I begin to look for the references to the old
server?

Thanks,

Amy

--
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=l3IGvoiR024763&from=amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx