[isapros] Field News from the Beta/Upgrade Front

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:59:26 -0800

Just an FYI for those who like this kind of reporting:

When ISA2006 beta eval shipped, I deployed it on a production server (one
under my control) and let 'er run.  Had a 3-legged perimeter DMZ config
supporting a pretty heavily used web and mail domain along with terminal
services publishing - this domain is the recipient of untold thousands of
hostile "attacks" per day - hell, more than that.  Anyway, it ran flawlessly
for the entire evaluation time, other than when a recent storm in the Santa
Cruz mountains knocked out power and water for 4 days. I'll sure miss that
damn dog.  Anyway, that was the only server restart on the box.

The evaluation expired today, and I performed an in-place upgrade of ISA
2006 Standard remotely.  I did a config backup just in case, but it was not
necessary. Everything came right back up perfectly - I then updated all
critical updates with no issues.

Just wanted to provide positive feedback for the team.  Good job.